If you're experiencing hair loss or thinning hair then fear not, you're not alone.
Let's talk through some surprising facts and statistics about hair loss!
1. It's natural for both men and women to lose an average of 100 - 150 hairs per day.
2. Not all guys will go bald, but the majority are likely to. The American Hair Loss Association states that two-thirds of guys will experience some degree of thinning hair by the age of 35. By the time guys turn 60, around two-thirds are either bald or have male pattern baldness.
3. Women also face hair loss too. 40% of all hair loss sufferers are female. By the time ladies reach the age of 50, roughly half of all women will be facing some degree of hair loss.
4. There is a 'Baldness Gene' Scientists at GlaxoSmithKline recently conducted an in-depth study and the results highlight that 1 in 7 men are more likely to lose their hair based on the presence of a specific gene.
5. Vitamin deficiencies can lead to hair loss
There are a number of vital nutrients that encourage healthy hair growth and when you don't get enough of these vitamins and minerals, your hair will break, shed and thin. If you're not getting enough Vitamin D, Vitamin B12 or Iron in your diet, this can lead to hair loss. A deficiency in these minerals affect the growth cycle of your hair and can shift hairs into the shedding stage before they are ready. It Really Works Vitamins can help. Our extra-strength hair vitamin supplement is packed with 22 essential nutrients that encourage healthy, optimal hair growth. We're so sure you'll love your results that we offer a full 90 Day Money Back Guarantee.
6. Some illnesses cause hair loss
A number of illnesses or side-effects of medication can trigger hair loss. This includes psoriasis, eczema or scalp ringworm. Each of these illnesses can be easily treated with oral medication, medicated shampoo, steroids or creams. If you've been experiencing hair loss be sure to get to your GP.
7. Genetic hair loss is the most common cause of hair loss. It is known in medical terms as “androgenetic alopecia.” Statistically, hereditary pattern baldness is more commonly inherited from the mother’s side of the family, but hair loss can actually be inherited from both. the father’s side and/ or the mother’s side.
8. There are 110,000 hair follicles on the scalp and Human hair grows at a rate of about 1.27cm each month.
9. Human Hair has a lifespan of between two and six years. Whenever you shed a hair, a new one starts growing to replace it.
10. In a recent survey 60% of Americans asked would rather have a full head of hair than more money or friends. More surprisingly, 30% of guys would give up sex if it meant that they would get their hair back.