Our bodies thrive on vitamins and minerals and when we cheat our tissues, organs, and brains out of these much-needed elements, we suffer in several different ways. As well as difficulties in brain functioning we may begin to notice break-outs, dark circles under our eyes and even fine lines and wrinkles! As as well as this hair fall and thinning unhealthy hair could occur.
Men are more likely to experience more hair loss than women as the over production of testosterone can sometimes lead to the super testosterone hormone DHT. This causes hair follicles of the scalp and other areas to constrict, and the skin to tighten, caused by a lack of blood flow. Constricting hair follicles cause the roots of the hair to die and not regenerate. As a result, the hair falls out.
Specific vitamins can replenish the body with vital nutrients it needs for healthy, strong, faster-growing hair and to reverse the effects of vitamin-deficiency related hair loss.
Biotin part of the complex of B vitamins and contributes to the maintenance of normal hair and skin, this vitamin also contributes to a normal energy-yielding metabolism, normal psychological functioning and the normal functioning of the nervous system.
This U.S. study has found that Biotin promotes hair growth in those suffering from thinning hair.
Inositol is a naturally occurring glucose isomer and is known to contribute to the maintaintance of healthy hair. Inositol deficiencies can result in hair loss.
Vitamin D helps to maintain healthy hair. It helps the body to absorb calcium which helps in the secretion of hormones, such as biotin.
It Really Works Vitamins are packed with 22 essential nutrients that encourage healthy, stronger hair.
Let's take a look at some of the powerful ingredients in each pack:
- 455% of your daily recommended allowance
- Water-soluble B vitamins nourish cells, helping to maintain normal skin, hair and nails.
- 200% of your daily recommended allowance.
- Dermatologist Joshua Zeichner, highlights that Copper, “helps to develop collagen and elastin, which maintain the strength of the skin, and it promotes the production of skin-plumping hyaluronic acid”. This means, less sagging skin and fewer lines.
- 800% of your daily recommended allowance.
- A recent U.S. study found that Biotin promotes hair growth in those suffering from thinning hair.
- This vitamin also contributes to a normal energy-yielding metabolism and the normal functioning of the nervous system, so you'll notice your metabolism working in tip-top condition too.
- 100% of your daily recommended allowance
- This micronutrient helps the body break down fats, proteins and carbohydrates into usable forms of energy.
The Guardian also reports that, “a link has been found between high levels of folic acid in men’s diets and the genetic quality of their sperm”.