Game of Thrones is one of the most popular TV shows of today. According to HBO, a staggering 17.4 million US viewers tuned in to watch the start of the last season! There’s something about Game of Thrones that draws us in week after week, leaving us always wanting more.
If you’re a Game of Thrones fan, then you’ll know that the characters have pretty iconic looks. But, there’s no reason you can’t emulate that look at home.
How to get the Game of Thrones look at home
With so many iconic hairstyles to choose from, you might be struggling to pick one out. Whatever Game of Thrones look you go for, you will need to make your hair manageable in order to pull it off.
Make sure you have a well-stocked grooming kit before you go any further. Without the right equipment, you won’t be able to achieve these looks.
We’ve broken it down so you can figure out which Game of Thrones look will work best for you.
Best suited to the oval-shaped face. This rugged look, made famous by Jason Momoa is a popular choice!
To get the Khal Drogo look:
- Grow a thick, full head of hair. Our supplements can help with this.
- Give your hair time to grow.
- Regularly get your hair trimmed by a professional to encourage growth and minimise split ends.
- Use beard oil to keep your facial hair soft so that it can be easily styled.
- Use hair bands to achieve the classic Khal Drogo look.
Best suited to the heart-shaped face.
To get the Ramsay Bolton look:
- Use mousse on freshly washed, dry hair to create volume.
- If your hair isn’t naturally curly, a sea salt spray can give the same effect.
- For the clean-shaven look, take time over a close shave.
- If you prefer Ramsay’s stubble, then choose products to encourage facial hair growth.
Ramsay’s style requires a full head of thick hair, so make sure you eat a diet rich in vitamin B12. This vital vitamin encourages hair growth, as Philip Kingsley highlights: ‘Hair needs a mixture of both vitamins and minerals to grow, vitamin B12 is one of these essential vitamins.’
Probably the most iconic hairstyle in the whole Game of Thrones saga is that of Jon Snow.
Best suited to the round-shaped face.
To get the Jon Snow look:
- Ideally you will have a thick head of hair with a natural curl.
- Give your hair time to grow if you’re starting from a short cut, this could take up to a year.
- Get your hair professionally trimmed regularly to avoid uneven growth and split ends.
- Wash and dry the hair, then curl with some texturizing products and a diffuser.
- Use a little sea salt spray to achieve the famous Jon Snow look.
We’ve picked out the best Game of Thrones look based on your face shape. But there’s no reason why you can’t give any of these looks a try! Which look will you go for? We’d love to see how you get on!