Minoxidil is a type of drug used to treat high blood pressure by relaxing and dilating (widening) blood vessels. Blood flows more freely and at a lower pressure through dilated blood vessels.
Minoxidil also slows hair loss and promotes natural hair regrowth in some people and has been proven to be effective, however many users have reported uncomfortable side effects.
Let’s take a moment to explore these:
Minoxidil can be taken as an oral tablet or is applied as a topical solution.
Side effects of topical Minoxidil include:
- Temporary hair loss problems are a common side effect of Minoxidil and are described as “shedding” by manufacturers.
- Burning/eye irritation as well as redness or irritation at the treated area,
- Unwanted new hair growth on other parts of the body.
- Worsening of hair loss/alopecia has also been reported.
Severe allergic reactions include:
- Rashes, hives, itching, difficulty breathing, tightness in the chest,
- Swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue, hands and feet
- Chest pain, Dizziness, fainting, irregular heartbeat, headaches,
- Sudden and unexplained weight gain,
- Some topical preparations may dry the scalp, resulting in dandruff and contact dermatitis
- Side effects of oral minoxidil also include:
- Swelling of the face and extremities,
- Rapid and irregular heartbeat, cardiac lesions, and the destruction of cells in the heart ventricles.
If you’ve been tempted to try Minoxidil, but you’re worried about the unsavoury side effects, then you’d be better off trying a natural way to thicken your hair. It Really Works Vitamins are made up of 22 of the best minerals and vitamins for hair growth. As seen in Men’s Fitness and Men’s Health Magazines and trusted by thousands of guys worldwide, we offer a natural way to thicken your hair with zero side effects.