For any female, the concept of losing your hair can seem like a terrifying problem. While male hair loss is often a more magnified issue, female hair loss is possible – and it can be detrimental to your self-confidence. The National Health Service states that around 8m women in the United Kingdom alone suffer from hair loss. Most of the time, this is caused by issues such as alopecia.
Naturally, hair loss in a woman can quickly lead to a loss of self-confidence and self-belief. What, though, might be the actual cause of your hair loss in the first place?
There are many problems that you might suffer from. Let’s take a look at some of the potential causes of your hair loss.
What causes hair loss in women?
- One common problem that can contribute to dramatic hair loss for women stems from problems with their autoimmune disease. This can be caused by various conditions and lifestyle habits, and would need to be diagnosed before a treatment could be put together.
- You could also suffer from genetic issues; if other women in your family suffer from hair loss, then this might give you an idea of what is going happening with your own hair. This is often diagnosed by using magnification tools to look closer at the scalp.
- Common illnesses which could cause hair loss in women could also include problems such as anemia – or even pregnancy. Since it’s plausible that you could be pregnant without knowing it, this would be something we recommend that you get checked out for.
- Vitamin and nutritional deficiencies can also play a role. If your body lacks enough of certain vitamins (see below), you might find that your hair loss is caused by this as much as anything else.
- Lastly, your hair loss could simply be down to using poor quality equipment. Cheap flat irons, blow dryers and hair dyes could all lead to hair loss if you are not careful. Even excessive brushing and towel drying can accelerate hair loss to needless levels.
If your hair loss is continuous, you should see a doctor. If your hair loss issues cannot be put down to a condition or illness, then it could be lifestyle-based.
Finding a solution to female hair loss
One common solution that is suggested by health professionals is to take a look at chemical hair products including minoxidil, do be aware that these products have side effects
Why not try ? It Really Works Vitamins are a British brand that are so confident that you'll have thicker healthier hair within 90 days that they'll refund you if you don't.